All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Chicken and Mushrooms in
- 1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
- 250 gms fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 onions, crushed
- 30 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 sp. black pepper powder 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. cornflour
- 2 tbsp. red pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 sp. worchesterchire sauce
- Lightly coat the pan with oil and put the chicken and mushrooms to
- Start on the sauce while it cooks. The chicken has to be 3/4 cooked
before adding the sauce.
- Fry the onion in a little oil, till light brown.
- Stir together the brown sugar, corn syrup, cornflour and chilli powder,
and then add to the onions.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the orange juice.
- Simmer on a low flame, without covering, for 30 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the orange juice now and boil.
- Once the sauce is to the consistancy you desire, you can now pour
it over the chicken and mushrooms in the last quarter of the cooking
time, and mix it well so that it covers every part of the chicken.
- If the sauce is excess, it can be served as it is, for individual