All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Cauliflower Carrot Pickle
- 3 medium carrots peeled
- 1 medium caulifower stalks removed
- 1/2 cup salt
- 3/4 cup red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup jaggery grated
- Cut carrots lengthwise into four, or six, if very thick.
- Cut lengths into 1 1/2 inch stubs. Keep aside.
- Separate cauliflower florets.
- Break to halves if very big.
- They should match size of carrot pieces.
- Add chilli, salt, turmeric. Toss well.
- Transfer to a clean dry bowl,
- Keep in sun for 4 days.
- Heat vinegar till warm.
- Add jaggery, stir.
- Heat further till vinegar is very hot, and jaggery has melted.
- Cool to room temperature. Add to sunned vegetables.
- Transfer to a clean dry pickle jar, close lid tightly.
- Marinate in a warm dark place for 5-6 days.
- Turn well with a spoon.